Monday, January 7

Top 5 Baby Shower Gift Ideas for Mum-to-be

Baby showers are of course all about baby but every so often, amongst the teeny tiny socks, nappy cakes and burp muslins it's a nice treat to find a gift snuck in for mum too. 

After all, she'll be the one needing a bit of TLC and pampering both before and after the 'Big Day'. 

So, here's my round up of the best baby shower gift ideas for mum-to-be


1. Mama Mio Luxury Skin Care

Mama Mio is a brand I knew little about before pregnancy but have come to absolutely LOVE. They're not the cheapest out their either so a Mama Mio skin care goodie would give mum-to-be a touch of luxury as well as looking after. 



Mama Mio's The Tummy Rub Butter retails at around £23.50 for 120g and works wonders both before and after baby arrives. 

If she's been complaining of swelling the Lucky Legs Cooling Energising Gel retails at £19.50 and is a great excuse to force hubby into a foot massage!


2. Memory Keepers 

Gifts like keepsake boxes, baby record books and 'My First Year' picture frames are gorgeous ideas that are more for mum than they'll ever be for baby. If she likes sentimental presents this is a great buy. MotherCare  and Not on the High Street have some beautiful gifts around this theme. 



The My Baby Record Book I bought for a steal - £3 from The Works!


3. Spa and Beauty Treatment Vouchers 

At 31 weeks pregnant I've already decided that I'm going to do some serious pampering before this baby pops! 



I've enjoyed being pregnant and have happily watched my body change with awe aplenty but I still feel like I'm missing a little bit of my old glamorous self - groaning like an old woman every time you stand up and waddling around the place will do that to a girl! 

I'm opting for eyelash extensions, gel mani/pedi and maybe even a spray tan. If you're mum-to-be likes to keep preened she'll definitely appreciate this gift - How about a Champneys beauty treatment at one of their 5 city spas. 


4. Cook Frozen Meals 

OK, so not as glamorous I'll admit but I'm told these are a MUST for any new mum. When baby arrives the last thing she'll want to do is cook. 



Choose Cook online or in store for their staggering number of choices and their quality. You can buy vouchers, book for a selection to arrive or even purchase one of their New Parents Meal Boxes.


5. A Mum and Baby Photo Shoot 

There are photo shoot packages like this aplenty in your local area. Just check out Net Mums for a list as long as your arm - here's East Surrey's photographers. A voucher works best so she can book at a time and day that suits best... and inspire her to get out of those PJs she's been wearing for three days straight!




What's more perfect is they can be tailored exactly to mum-to-be's tastes. A lovely family activity with keepsakes she'll treasure for years and be able to display proudly in her home. 

Love 

LauraClaire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to get feedback and comments so please use the comment box below to post your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts