Wednesday, September 26

The importance of an ‘on the day’ wedding planner



Our wedding day was, as every tells you about theirs, the most more perfect day we could have ever imagined. All the 1 and a half years of tireless planning, making and budgeting had all paid off and even, on our bitter winter wedding day, the sun popped out for our photos!


If you ask me off-hand about the day itself I would say that there was nothing I would change but, with my super critical hat on there is ONE regret…

The importance of an ‘on the day’ wedding planner


So, I’d never wanted a wedding planner. I didn’t see the point; half the fun was in planning your own wedding and planning is something I take pretty seriously anyway so it was never a worry. With spreadsheets and timelines for EVERYTHING I was finished with all ‘wedmin’ well before the big day and had no worries at all.

A remember a wedding planner had caught me at a local fair and recommended being there ‘just for the day’ to make sure things ran smoothly. I reassured her that my venue had provided a dedicated planner for my day and all would be fine.


This was true, I did have a planner from the venue and she was there on the day making sure things ran to plan and overall, they did. However, she was the venue’s planner, not my planner. Something that only occurred to me after the big day.

Her priorities were of course to make the day a success but were always going to be bias.

They got the main meal wrong on our wedding breakfast. We were supposed to have beef wellington and that’s what all our menus said but we were served a beef roast which was very delicious but not quite right.


We’d also pre-ordered gin and tonic cocktails for the arrival of our evening guests which, although I saw some being passed around there certainly weren’t as many as I know I’d paid for.

Finally, all our evening food was thrown out so that, at the end of the night when the last-people-standing were craving something to soak up the booze, they’d not kept anything behind.

For me, having those extra pair of eyes to check all the things I was trying to keep an eye on would have been well worth while paying for. That’s why, not having an on-the-day wedding planner is my only regret!

Things an on-the-day Wedding Planner could look after: 



  1. Timings of the day
  2. Making sure everyone signs your guestbook and wedding frame
  3. Making sure your DJ, Band and any other suppliers arrive and time and with everything you were invoiced for
  4. Pre-thinking for you – that midnight snack for example!
  5. Checking your drinks tab throughout the night
  6. Moving flowers from ceremony room to wedding tables
  7. On hand with the emergency kit
  8. Another pair of eyes to make sure your videographer and photographer capture every moment on your list
  9. Someone to free up the task list from your bridesmaids and groomsman so they can have fun and relax
  10. Gathering family and friends for photos


What do you think? Did you have a wedding planner?


Love 
LauraClaire

In case you missed them... 
Easy Handmade Autumn Winder Wedding Place Cards

How I decorated my Reception Venue

How to make your own beautiful silk artificial wedding flowers

Why I made my own wedding flowers 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to get feedback and comments so please use the comment box below to post your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts