Wednesday, December 5

Garnier Fiery Red 6.60: 6 months after Dying

Back in May I posted about dying my dark hair red using Garnier's Fiery Red 6.60 Hair Dye.


garnier fiery red 6/60 hair dye review

and

garnier fiery red 6.60 before and after post

I had so much interest from all of you about using the hair dye (the colour it gave me on my dark hair and the like) that I thought it would be useful to write a quick follow up post about how the dye has washed out and how it's left my hair looking after 6 months. 

2 months after hair dye

As you can see, 2 months after dying my hair I had mega roots :( My hair was still pretty bright red but it had already begun to fade into an auburn colour.  I used conditioner masks to keep my hair moisture filled as the peroxide in the dye hair stripped my hair of its natural oils.

 4 months after hair dye

4 months after dying the colour continued to changed. So much so, that after every wash my hair lightened or changed slightly. People often complimented me on my new colour changing asking if I had redyed my hair. This was nice as, despite now longer being bright red, my hair was changing to pretty colours all the same. To combat the roots issue I was having before I used a product called Sun In spray. It's my saving grace! It's a sun/heat hair lightening spray which you can pick up from Boots or Superdrug. I sprayed it onto my hair before drying. It works by lightening the hair and made the roots less noticable.



6 months after hair dye

This photo was taken in October, 6 months after dying my dark brown hair red. As you can see the top of my hair is very dark - my natural colour. The ends have become very light and a mixture of different tones. I like the effect as ombre hair is in fashion at the moment so I'm happy! My hair is still not the same as it once was in terms of brittleness and condition - this is inevitable I guess. However, I use conditioner every time I wash my hair, use a serum on my roots and a heat protector spray when blow drying: this helps to keep up the condition :)

Love

LauraClaire

4 comments:

  1. Your hair looks gorgeous!
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hair looks great and I love your smile:)

    Im doing a giveaway;)

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/2012/12/christmas-giveaway-100-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna see your hair when six months or before you dye your hair again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to get feedback and comments so please use the comment box below to post your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts