Friday, June 3

Healthy Simple Smoothie Recipe: #SummerOfMatcha



Hi Chickies, 

Are you ditching Java if favour of Matcha? Matcha tea has seen a massive increase in popularity and has been a big hit in the fashion world too – Rumours of Match shots at New York Fashion Week anyone?

The folks over at EatCleanTea have kindly sent me over a sample to create my very own delish Summer Matcha Tea recipe.

But first, here’s the lowdown on Matcha…

  • It’s a form of green tea. The word ‘Matcha’ literally means powdered tea. Traditional green tea is infused using the leaves that are then thrown away. With Matcha tea the leaves are powdered, so you’re drinking the actual leaves.
  • It does contain caffeine. Even as much as 3 times more than you’d get in a steeped green tea.
  • It is rich in antioxidants which help with better blood sugar regulation as well as guard against heart disease and cancer.
  • As well as being a tasty caffeine hit on the go it was originally used in traditional Japanese tea ceremonies. 


My Simple & Tasty Matcha Tea Summer Smoothie Recipe




What you'll need:
5 ice cubes
1 whole banana
18 raspberries 
2 of Matcha green tea powder 
1 teaspoon of seed mix 
1/2 a baby watermelon 
300ml of coconut water - I used Vita Coco
A blender - I'm loving Breville's Blend Active Pro

The Recipe. Easy as 1 - 2 - 3:
Step 1 - Cut up, measure out and pop in all of your ingredients into the blender. 
Step 2 - Blitz in short sharp bursts to break the ice and blender well. 
Step 3 - pour out into your favourite glass, garnish with a raspberry and cute straw and enjoy! 

Have a Healthy, Happy and Wholesome Summer!

Love 
LC 




13 comments:

  1. this is looking so delicious *_* I love matcha *_*
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, it was so delish actually. I was worried it wouldn't be sweet enough for my likely but it was so tasty!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the details on this, I've been hearing a bit more about matcha tea via Instagram lately, funnily enough! Also, while I'm here - you're SO gorgeous!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! I'd love to try that! Thanks a lot for sharing
    xoxo

    http://www.myinfinitystyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not tried Matcha before, but your creations make me want to :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not tried Matcha before but this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! x

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy, I must try it :) x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so yummy and refreshing. Thanks for sharing this.
    xoxo
    Liza
    http://lizacorner.blogspot.co.id/2016/06/when-im-feeling-blue-shein-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so good and sounds super healthy!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good! I will definitely have to make it soon. Thanks for the recipe.

    Cattleya

    alittlecattleya.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to get feedback and comments so please use the comment box below to post your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts