Thursday, October 11

How I made the vintage silk flower button holes for my wedding



In my previous posts I explained why and how I took on the challenge of making all my artificial wedding flowers. You can read here how I created my artificial wedding flower bouquet.



In this post I want to share how easy it was to make the 9 silk flower buttons holes for my now-husband and his groomsman.

What I used:
1 bunch of Artificial Forest Fern Plants in Green 

I found these YouTube videos really useful and easy to follow.






To make a button hole I cut off a sweet pea flower as low down the stem as possible. Next a separated a part of the forest fern of a similar size, cutting it to fit if required. 

It’s important to create a stem with the forest fern so that the flower and fern can be wrapped together with green stem wrap easily. You may want to add in some floral wire to strengthen before wrapping.




Finally, I finished the buttonhole by wrapping it horizontally with brown twine. I used the mini glue gun after every few wraps of twine to ensure it stayed put.  

Voila! A little fiddly but quick and easy and I was able to create all 9 in about two evenings.


Subtle, vintage and chic. Though perhaps my husband was after something a bit more eye-catching....




Love 
LauraClaire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to get feedback and comments so please use the comment box below to post your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts