Monday, January 7

BusyLizzy Pregnancy Mum-to-Be Classes Review



Before becoming pregnant I kept quite a strict fitness regime. I would do an exercise class every day during the week and liked to run on the weekends. This routine was greatly helped by my work that had an onsite gym and fitness classes I hasten to add - my will power is really not that strong! 

So, I'd wander on down to whatever gym class was on that lunch time, from yoga to kettle bells, and I absolutely loved it! At the start of this year I also ran my second half marathon, so slowing down with pregnancy was something that made me a little anxious. 

Once work found out I was pregnant the class instructors were practically petrified to have me in class with them so I soon dropped out. 

I went down and used the free weights and bike a little at first but soon morning sickness had me in its grasp and I spent lunch times sleeping in the sick room instead! 


Joining Epsom BusyLizzy Classes

I was keen to find a pregnancy class and at around 23 weeks stumbled upon BusyLizzy as a friend had joined for the mum and baby classes. 

I'd already searched online and was really quite shocked by the lack of mum-to-be fitness classes in generally to be honest. 

I am with the Epsom & Leatherhead branch, which hold Mums-to-bee Pilates followed by Yoga every Monday in Ewell. 

If you've been working out fairly frequently before getting pregnant, you'll likely find the classes fairly easy but I've really enjoyed simply being in the same room as other pregnant woman (a fairly rare thing until you go to NCT classes) and excising without worried stares. 

The Yoga classes are great and our instructor makes sure we are focusing on pregnancy-benefiting moves and techniques. Yoga class was the first time I'd even thought about my pelvic floor! 




BusyLizzy Sign Up 

I signed up to the membership through a discount and now pay £40 a month to use the service which allows me to join 4 classes a week. As the pregnancy class choice is a little limited this number of classes works fine. 

Because its been created with pregnancy and babies in mind it is also very flexible - you can cancel a class up to 2 hours before it starts. Perfect for if random morning sickness or any aches or pains kick in. 


Brilliant from Pregnancy to baby and beyond

What really attracted me though was that once you were signed up, the membership would adapt to you. 

On babies due date my membership will freeze until I am ready to restart it. On restarting I'll then be able to pick from a vast array of classes. 

Some are more for mums wanting to get back into shape (the Mummy and Me Classes) whilst others are more baby focused (Baby Classes like baby massage). 

I also have the option to up my membership to allow me to attend more than 4 classes each month. 



The Verdict


  • Worth the money - £10 is about the average Maternity class cost in my area
  • Limited at pregnancy stage (in my area) but still a great way to meet new people
  • Very flexible with unused classes rolling over and class cancellations allowed
  • Fantastic fitness membership to take you from pregnancy right through to growing baby


They hold classes in Greater London, Surrey, Berkshire, Herts and Sussex. A free taster class was how I got involved with BusyLizzy fitness - Try your taster class today!

Love 
LauraClaire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to get feedback and comments so please use the comment box below to post your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts