Wednesday, September 19

How I decorated my reception venue for my Surrey Winter Wedding



My husband and I got married in 2017 in Surrey at the beautiful venue that is Farnham Castle. It's voted the best wedding venue in the South East and I couldn't agree more. 

As I think most people do with their venues, we absolutely fell head over heals in love with the place so didn't feel it really needed too much decor to make it extra 'wedding special'. 

That being said, I couldn't help adding a few touches. It's the most fun part of wedmin - obesssing over Pinterest and falling in love with all the beautiful ideas!

And... after all the hours of planning, making, deliberating and prepping I wanted to share with you just a few of the additional touches that made our wedding day our own.




I opted against chair covers or ribbons as it wasn't really my style but loved the effect of the dramatic sparkly waterfall lights added to the room, especially with its grand high ceiling. You can re-create the look with these Curtain lights on Amazon 







I used the same card pattern for our table names as for the wedding stationary so it all matched. Pearls, shabby-chic wallpaper covered books, mason jars and handmade silk flower posies made up the center pieces. With pine cones and tealights dotted around each table. 




Our place name settings I made myself. They were incredible cost-effective and easy to create. 




Dotted around each table were photos of us, family and friends as reminders of all we'd done together. 




My favourite added touches that created great keep-sake memories were the 'sign our frame' that I bought. Instead of buying a wedding frame kit from Hobbycraft which I felt looked quite ugly and plain I found a wood panel based frame with lots of writing space for just £20 in TKMaxx. It gave our guestbook frame a little more style and looks beautiful hung on our wall. However, this frame idea is super cute too. 

Second was the date night ideas lolly pop sticks that sat on each table for guests to fill in. We've only just begun to make our way through the dates now - some our brilliantly funny and some heart-warming.. it's fun to guess who wrote what! 




I'm a big kid at heart and have a mega sweet-tooth so a candy cart or sweet stand HAD to be a feature of my wedding. My mum took on the challenge admirably and, after I Pinterest-ed her a snap of a donut wall and she even got dad involved to create this beautiful heart-shaped donut stand. 

I hope you've enjoyed reading this post as much as I've enjoyed reminiscing over it! 

I'd love to see what brilliant and beautiful touches you create for your wedding. Send links in the comments box below. 

Love 
LauraClaire


In case you missed them... 
Easy Handmade Autumn Winder Wedding Place Cards

How I decorated my Reception Venue

How to make your own beautiful silk artificial wedding flowers

Why I made my own wedding flowers 

The importance of an on-the-day wedding planner

1 comment:

  1. I love the use of pinecones for your place names! I used pinecones in my decorations and used leaves for my place names. Thank you for sharing your beutoful decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to get feedback and comments so please use the comment box below to post your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts