Tuesday, October 2

One of the most important items you need in your purse


Recently a number of similar videos have been going viral across Facebook. I’m sure you will have seen them. They show just how easy it is for person details and money to be stolen from your purse without a pickpocket even touch it.




In the videos I saw the ‘would-be-thieves’ were using card machines to easily snatch £20 from your purse through your contactless debit and credit cards. 

A pretty spooky thought but I must admit it didn’t bother me too much. 

The card machine is too big and bulky I thought and the printing off of the receipt… I’m sure I’d notice that right!?


Yet did you know that scanning Apps can be downloaded to a smart phone to make doing exactly the same thing worryingly simple. I had no clue!

Contactless payment fraud has now soared to over £7 Million, up from just £2.8M the previous year

Thieves can easily use RFID/NFC Scanners to instantly steal your data whilst your wallet is still in your pocket.


They’re being dubbed as the newest generation of pick pockets

High-tech crooks that steal your card owner name, credit card number, expiration date and security code without ever actually touching your card.

All they need to do is stand 4-5 inches away from your wallet in your back pocket or the purse in your handbag for a matter of moments to collect your data.

This YouTube clip shows just how easily it can be done






Contactless Debit and Credit Cards

Most new debit and credit cards in the UK are contactless. I love contactless! It makes life so easy.

It’s the card with the radio wave symbol on the front that means that they have a microchip built inside for radio frequency identification (RFID) allowing you to wave the card rather than insert it into the card reader or swipe it.



Protect your money against Electronic Pickpockets
There are a few items on the market to help protect your contactless cards when you’re out and about.

I thought you’d need to buy a separate purse or wallet with special lining to be able to protect your contactless cards.
In truth these are available on the market and Easton Design Studio have a few different designs.


However, I much prefer my gorgeous and fairly expensive leather black Mulberry purse that matches my black Mulberry handbag and I’m not really willing to part with them!

Protect your contactless cards without the hassle

So, when I was recently gifted the MORTAR-X blocking card I was pretty stoked! And this 1 MORTAR-X card protects my entire purse too.  

MORTAR-X Card is a blocking card that slips seamlessly into your purse and protects all of your contactless cards around it. It doesn’t need charging and doesn’t have a limited life-time. Just a card space in your current purse to pop it!

I LOVE gadgets like this so first things first, I HAD to try it out. The perfect excuse to go out for dinner too… total win win! 

I put the Mortar-X card underneath my credit card when paying at voila it didn't register!


The MORTAR-X card retails at £6.95 with free delivery and comes in 2 different designs, available on Amazon.




If you ask me, a nifty idea and a small investment to protect you from potentially losing far more.

Love
LauraClaire


Note: As mentioned in the above content the Mortar-X card was gifted to me however my views and opinions are my own. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to get feedback and comments so please use the comment box below to post your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts