Thursday, October 4

Easy handmade Autumn/Winter wedding place cards

 
My handmade wedding place cards

After Pinterest-ing the hell out of every ‘winter wedding’ keyword, I knew that I wanted to get ‘hands on’ in the creation of my perfect wedding day.

I love pine cones and that Autumnal Wintery feeling they bring so new they’d be a big feature on my wedding day set for the 29th of December. So, I set out to create my own place cards taking inspiration from these beautiful photos I’d coveted on Pinterest.

Stealing Pine cone Place card Inspo from Pinterest




What I used:

You can pick this all up from Amazon just follow the links! 

Ask friends and family to collect pine cones for you. Pine cones usually start to fall in England in the Autumn. You’ll need to leave them for a month in a cool dry place before use.

Mark out the rough dimensions you want for your place cards on the white card and use the guillotine to card out as many cards as you need. I recommend cutting out some extra for errors and spares. Average place card dimensions you’ll want are about 2 x 3.5 inches or 5.5 x 8.5 cm.

From your typed guest list begin to stamp each name on your cards. I recommend testing the stamps and ink to work out the right pressure required.

Then you’re all set for the day. Bring along the cards and the cones and put the bottom of each card into the side of a pine cone and you’ll find it will fit snuggly without glue.  




I was so pleased with how cute my place cards looked and how simple they were to create!

If you’re all about sparkle you can always add glue and glitter to your pine cones. There’s a great YouTube video for this or you can buy pre-decorated pine cones.

Love 
LauraClaire





In case you missed them... 

How I decorated my Reception Venue

How to make your own beautiful silk artificial wedding flowers

Why I made my own wedding flowers 

The importance of an on-the-day wedding planner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to get feedback and comments so please use the comment box below to post your thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts